The State Library and Archives of Florida announces the availability of one part-time position assisting State Archives of Florida staff with clerical duties at the Archives Reference desk. This is an O.P.S. (Other Personal Services) position and not part of the State of Florida Career Service System.
Starting date: June 2019
Hours: 20/week, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Duties: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide assistance to the Archives Reference staff. The State Archives places special emphasis on making its collections available to a wide variety of researchers, including historians, lawyers, government officials, students,
genealogists and others interested in Florida’s government, its people and the events that have
shaped its history. The Reference Unit assists researchers in using our collections and provides reference services on-site or by telephone, mail or email. This position performs Archives duplication and clerical tasks, such as assisting with the transport and shelving of boxes; duplicating of archival records; entering patron and use data into the Archives automated cataloging system; listing or indexing records using the Archives automated cataloging system or standard desktop applications (e.g. MS Word, Access, Excel); and other related duties.
- At least two years’ credit toward a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with desktop computer applications
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability and willingness to carry out routine duplicating tasks for many hours at a time
- Strict attention to detail in organizing and performing assigned tasks
- Discretion in maintaining confidentiality of information in records
- Reliable attendance
To apply, submit a resume or State of Florida Employment Application showing your qualifications for this position, copy of college transcripts and at least two employment references to:
State Archives of Florida
Mail Station 9E
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250