Job Title: Museum Registrar (Archivist)
Job ID: 21700
Location: Regional History Center
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
At Orange County Government, we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that impact Central Florida and shape the future of our community. We have been consistently recognized as a “Top 100 Family Friendly Company,” facilitating a healthy work-life balance.
Orange County Regional History Center honors the past, explores the present to shape the future, by collecting and preserving materials pertaining to Orange County and its environs, and to interpret the history of the area through exhibitions, educational programs, publications, and community events.
The Regional History Center is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Museum Registrar. This position will be responsible for the daily management and care of the museum archival collection including storage, preservation, exhibition and research. In addition to the acquisition, accession and de-accession of all archival items.
- Assists the Curator of Collections in managing the archival collection of the museum.
- Performs specialized procedures in archive handling, management, storage, preservation and exhibition.
- Obtains, develops, organizes and catalogs new collections of individual archives to enhance and improve existing inventories.
- Assists with developing and maintaining an automated record-keeping system for archival collection.
- Identifies, researches and prepares archival collection items for exhibit displays.
- Assists with the shipping and reception of loans and traveling exhibits for the museum.
- Responds to all requests for archive research from public and private interests.
- Coordinates, trains and supervises volunteers that work in the collection area of the museum.
- Assists with special events held by the society for the museum.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in History, Museum Studies, Library Sciences, Anthropology or a closely related field and two years of experience working in a museum, archive, library, or closely related field which includes artifact and/or archive care and handling.
Proficiency with collections management software.
Hours per week: 40
Hours/Days of work: 8:00am-5:00pm /Monday - Friday with occasional evenings and weekends
The selected applicant must submit to a pre-employment physical/drug test and a background investigation that includes but is not limited to fingerprinting and polygraph examination. Any background screening cost is the responsibility of the selected applicant and favorable results must be obtained for employment.
Application Deadlines: Closing Date: 05/14/2018 (Posting is subject to close without prior notice)
$34,965 - $45,802 (Based on qualification and policy)
For more information or to apply, go here