The Staff Archivist will deliver high-quality work in a challenging project environment that offers multiple opportunities for growth. The position will be responsible for the day-to-day provision of archival outsourcing services.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- Incorporate skills which support the management and maintenance services required to implement a new archival solution for a major corporate client with records of considerable historical significance.
- Receive ongoing training to build and extend professional and technical skills in all areas
- Enjoy a comprehensive and generous benefits package
- The work site is located in Jacksonville, Florida. The initial appointment is for a period of two years, with the possibility of continued employment at The History Factory's offices in suburban Washington D.C., contingent on applicant's interest and performance.
- The position will report directly to the Senior Project Archivist and will interact primarily with peers and management levels within The History Factory.
- Process archival assets in all formats
- Build taxonomies and controlled vocabularies
- Create descriptive metadata that supports the discovery and identification of resources
- Perform activities necessary to conduct and manage digitization projects; including preparation of originals for digitization; project tracking; metadata creation and collection; and version control
- Apply information retrieval techniques to meet the research and analysis needs of workers in diverse business functions
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science (MLS)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in archives
- Knowledge of archival processing and digitization methods, procedures, and practices
- Ability to interpret and apply descriptive standards
- Skill in developing information architectures and classification systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time under tight deadlines
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Understanding of business parameters and drivers
- Ability to articulate technical issues in business terms and vice-versa
- Experience and knowledge of major archival management technologies (legacy and emerging) + desire to continue to broaden technology skills
- Understanding of modern business archives management issues and concepts
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Email only, please no phone calls.
About The History Factory
The History Factory’s Archives Lab is a professional services firm focused on developing archives to meet real-world needs. We design, build, and implement solutions that enable organizations to use institutional memory and archival content to achieve strategic objectives. The Archives Lab has unparalleled experience planning and running archival programs that deliver value. We provide the capabilities, insight, and expertise our clients need to organize and maintain archives that can respond to changing requirements.